Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Obesity
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Obesity (Weight Loss)" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: T7 huatuo, ST 21, C2 huatuo (Right), GB 8, GB 13 (Right)
Secondary Points: GV 22, Yiming, TH 17, LI 18
Primary Treatment Points For Obesity (Weight Loss)...
T7 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T7
- T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at night may be indicated, insomnia, frequent nighttime urination, dream disturbed sleep and/or nightmares. Used for esophageal issues and a range of digestive issues. Also influences the circulation into the lower back and legs, so any issues with legs, swelling, weakness, etc. and as a secondary point for back pain.
- T7 (Right) influences the abdominal blood vessel - used for a range of circulatory issues including raynaud's syndrome, hand and/or feet that are too hot or too cold or vasculate between the two abdnormally. Also any systemic diseases that travel in or involves the blood, AIDS/HIV, leukemia, anemia, etc. More strongly influences digestion and issues that are stronger from noon through the afternoon.
C2 Huatuo Sides of Spine at C2
- C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
- Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe used for a range of anxiety and depression related disorders as well as conditions such as OCD, ADD/ADHD, PTSD, and insomnia. Generally the left side is for more insomnia and ocd related symptoms and the right side is for more standard anxiety/depression realm symptoms.
- May also be used for headaches, acne, sinus issues and/or visual issues, usually with other supporting points.
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. The cervical huatuo points are not needled as often, but used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
GB 8 Valley Lead
- Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
- Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
- In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & ST, injury by alcohol & agitation & fullness with ceaseless vomiting
GB 13 Root Spirit
- Regulate Liver/GallBladder, Clear Wind, Calm the Mind.
- Stiff Neck, Headache.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the frontal lobe. Used on the (R) side for psychological conditions such as anxiety and depression and on the (L) side for attention related conditions such as ADD/ADHD. Also useful for issues which come from subconscious influences.
Secondary Treatment Points For Obesity (Weight Loss)...
GV 22 Fontanel Meeting
- Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
- Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
- Psychological issues, particularly related to fear a/or fright, panic attacks, palpitations.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect brain and scalp issues, useful for brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, lou gehrig's. Also helpful for improving focus in children (ADD/ADHD).
LI 18 Protuberance Assistant
- Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
- High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation of the common carotid artery as well as effect the vagus nerve. Due to the connection with the vagus it is useful for lung, esophagus, heart, stomach, intestine and gall bladder issues - reflux, palpitations, digestive issues, etc.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.