Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: UB 6, UB 7, UB 8, T7 huatuo, Tiandong, GV 20
Secondary Points: TH 17, Leg Ouch Point
Primary Treatment Points For Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)...
UB 6 Light Guard
- Local point generally for headaches and vision issues - clears heat and wind.
- Headaches particularly with visual dizziness.
- Visual issues - blurry vision.
- Wind-heat conditions when there is no sweating - vomiting, nasal discharge, etc.
- Loss of smell.
UB 7 Celestial Connection
- Clear wind and resolve the exterior - important point for sinus congestion, sinusitis, rhinitis, nosebleed, nasal polyps.
- Loss of sense of smell.
- Headaches and/or dizziness from wind and congestion.
- Neck pain and stiffness, throat goiter.
- Fainting, deviation of the mouth as from wind-stroke.
UB 8 Declining Connection
- Resolve phlegm and clear wind - nasal congestion, blurry vision, dizziness, tinnitus.
- Calms the shen - a range of psychological conditions including depression, mania, withdrawal from lack of ability of the shen to rise.
- Useful for removing obstructions causing Qi flow issues to the head/brain (heavy head, vertex pain, distention).
T7 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T7
- T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at night may be indicated, insomnia, frequent nighttime urination, dream disturbed sleep and/or nightmares. Used for esophageal issues and a range of digestive issues. Also influences the circulation into the lower back and legs, so any issues with legs, swelling, weakness, etc. and as a secondary point for back pain.
- T7 (Right) influences the abdominal blood vessel - used for a range of circulatory issues including raynaud's syndrome, hand and/or feet that are too hot or too cold or vasculate between the two abdnormally. Also any systemic diseases that travel in or involves the blood, AIDS/HIV, leukemia, anemia, etc. More strongly influences digestion and issues that are stronger from noon through the afternoon.
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
(EX) Tian Dong Sky Movement
- Note: This point is not a standard acupuncture point, it was developed by Master Tam for use within the Tam Healing System.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery. Useful for alzheimer's, brain tumors, dyslexia, MS, and many brain issues related to circulation.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
GV 20 Hundred Convergences
- Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD 1, GB 34, GB 41.
- Main point for internal wind which has some overlapping indications with the above entry, for headaches, dizziness, visual dizziness, tinnitus, vertex pain, windstroke, seizures.
- Main point for prolapse, anal, uterine, vaginal; main point for hemorrhoids.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the association area (related to emotions, memory, behavior), useful for low energy, yang energy imbalances, parkinson's, alzheimer's, motor control issues.
Secondary Treatment Points For Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)...
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.