Names Of Yao Yang Guan
GV 3 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Lumbar Yang Pass
- Pinyin Name: Yao Yang Guan
- Chinese Character: 腰陽關
Where Is GV 3 ?
What Is GV 3 Used For?
GV 3 Clinical Usages
- Warming point for cold or cold damp in the lower warmer, often treated with moxa for low back pain from deficiency, women's discharges (leukorrhea) due to cold, dysmenorrhea, irregular menstruation, impotence, seminal emission, infertility, incontienence, colities, edema, pain or weakness of the lower limb or knee.
- Name is "lumbar gate" or "lumbar hinge," at this point the low back bends in flexion, treat for pain when bending forward.
- Differentiation: GV 3 is a more local point whereas GV 4 is for back pain resulting from yang deficiency
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Thanksgiving and Acupuncture: The Role of Chinese Medicine in Prevention
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc