Names Of Yao Yang Guan
GV 3 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Lumbar Yang Pass
- Pinyin Name: Yao Yang Guan
- Chinese Character: 腰陽關
Where Is GV 3 ?
What Is GV 3 Used For?
GV 3 Clinical Usages
- Warming point for cold or cold damp in the lower warmer, often treated with moxa for low back pain from deficiency, women's discharges (leukorrhea) due to cold, dysmenorrhea, irregular menstruation, impotence, seminal emission, infertility, incontienence, colities, edema, pain or weakness of the lower limb or knee.
- Name is "lumbar gate" or "lumbar hinge," at this point the low back bends in flexion, treat for pain when bending forward.
- Differentiation: GV 3 is a more local point whereas GV 4 is for back pain resulting from yang deficiency
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Acupuncture effective for Bell's Palsy - Peripheral Facial Paralysis
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc