|ST 9 |
- In ancient times the ST Qi was assessed by palpating the pulse here and at ST 42.
- Regulation of Blood Pressure - lowering high blood pressure.
- Headache, dizziness.
- Sore throat, counterflow qi (vomiting), coughing, hiccups.
- Acute lumbar sprain, lower back pain.
- Window of the Sky Point - restores Qi flow between the body and the head - useful with headache, chest tightness, asthma.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the common carotid artery. With acupuncture and tuina we often use LI 18 instead as it is safer, for Tong Ren and light tuina, however, it is fine to use.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.