Names Of Hou Xi
SI 3 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Back Ravine
- Pinyin Name: Hou Xi
- Chinese Character: 後谿
Where Is SI 3 ?
What Is SI 3 Used For?
SI 3 Clinical Usages
- Master Point of the GV, effects entire pathway.
- Pain in the scapula, arm a/or hand combine with local points.
- Stiff neck, cervical strain/sprain, pain of the back or neck.
- Occipital headaches, combine with local points.
- Night sweats, combine with HT 6.
- Clears heat and excess from the head, ears and eyes, eye redness, inflammation, visual dizziness, earache, tinnitus, sore throat.
- Calms the spirit, anxiety, manic depression.
There Are 19 Points Along The (SI) Small Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where SI 3 Is Discussed
- Arm and Hand Acupressure Points
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
How Is SI 3 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use SI 3 ?
What Conditions May Use SI 3 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Arm Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
- Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)
- Sore Throat
- Eye Problems
- Ear Problems
What Points Are Near SI 3 ?
HT 8 Lesser Mansion
- HT Fire effecting the SI effecting the UB, heat descending to the lower jiao - incontinence, difficult urination, fungal infections, genital itching.
- Channel issues, sore throat, tongue stiffness, pain along the ulnar aspect of the arms.
- Heart Qi Deficiency - palpitations, fear, hot palms.
- Emotional disorders - although PC 8 may be a better choice.
- HT Fire effecting the mouth - ulcers, canker sores, etc. - although PC 7 or PC 8 may be a better choice.
- Local point for arm pain, elbow pain, and/or pain in the pinky finger.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc