Names Of Xiangu
ST 43 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Sunken Valley
- Pinyin Name: Xiangu
- Chinese Character: 陷谷
Where Is ST 43 ?
What Is ST 43 Used For?
ST 43 Clinical Usages
- Similar actions to ST 44 but used less often - will clear heat from the channel and organ.
- Classically noted for clearing facial pain and/or edema / swelling. May be used for general edema.
- Abdominal pain, bloating, borborygmus, frequent belching.
- Local point for pain and/or swelling of the dorsum of the foot.
There Are 45 Points Along The (ST) Stomach Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Sleep Links To Blood Pressure - Theory and Acupuncture Treatment of Insomnia and Hypertension
How Is ST 43 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use ST 43 ?
What Conditions May Use ST 43 ?
What Points Are Near ST 43 ?
LV 3 Great Surge
- Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
- LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
- Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
- Menstrual issues from Deficient Blood, Yin, Qi a/or LV Qi Stagnation - dysmennorrhea, amenorrhea, PMS, breast tenderness.
- Genital issues - pain/swelling, hernia, impotence, semianl emission.
- Stagnation in the middle warmer - subcostal tension, chest/flank pain, swellings in the axillary region.
- Digestive issues from LV attacking ST/SP - nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea w/ undigested food.
- Calming point - anger, irritability, insomnia, anxiety.
- With LI 4, four gates treatment - powerfully effects the flow of Qi and Blood in the body.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Important point to descend energy in the body, generally used after qi gong exercises, energy healing sessions, etc. Helps to avoid qi gong sickness (or running fire) where energy is stuck in the upper part of the head/body and causes issues such as shortness of breath, psychological issues, headache, etc.
SP 4 Yellow Emperor
- Excess pathologies of the ST and Intestines - severe abdominal a/or epigastric pain, dysentery, food poisoning.
- Gynecological and Abdominal issues due to stagnation of Qi and Blood - masses, fibroids, cysts, irregular menstruation.
- With PC 6 for chest and heart pain, shen disorders, sighing, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Keep Exploring...ST 1 , ST 2 , ST 3 , ST 4 , ST 5 , ST 6 , ST 7 , ST 8 , ST 9 , ST 10 , ST 11 , ST 12 , ST 13 , ST 14 , ST 15 , ST 16 , ST 17 , ST 18 , ST 19 , ST 20 , ST 21 , ST 22 , ST 23 , ST 24 , ST 25 , ST 26 , ST 27 , ST 28 , ST 29 , ST 30 , ST 31 , ST 32 , ST 33 , ST 34 , ST 35 , ST 36 , ST 37 , ST 38 , ST 39 , ST 40 , ST 41 , ST 42 , ST 43 , ST 44 , ST 45
Follow, Join, and Participate
All Content Copyright © 1999-2018 Yin Yang House Inc