Names Of Xiangu
ST 43 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Sunken Valley
- Pinyin Name: Xiangu
- Chinese Character: 陷谷
Where Is ST 43 ?
What Is ST 43 Used For?
ST 43 Clinical Usages
- Similar actions to ST 44 but used less often - will clear heat from the channel and organ.
- Classically noted for clearing facial pain and/or edema / swelling. May be used for general edema.
- Abdominal pain, bloating, borborygmus, frequent belching.
- Local point for pain and/or swelling of the dorsum of the foot.
There Are 45 Points Along The (ST) Stomach Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Tools for Reading Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research
- Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment Basics For Male and Female Fertility Issues
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- Understanding and Treating Fibromyalgia From An Acupuncture Perspective
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
How Is ST 43 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use ST 43 ?
What Conditions May Use ST 43 ?
What Points Are Near ST 43 ?
LV 3 Great Surge
- Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
- LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
- Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
- Menstrual issues from Deficient Blood, Yin, Qi a/or LV Qi Stagnation - dysmennorrhea, amenorrhea, PMS, breast tenderness.
- Genital issues - pain/swelling, hernia, impotence, semianl emission.
- Stagnation in the middle warmer - subcostal tension, chest/flank pain, swellings in the axillary region.
- Digestive issues from LV attacking ST/SP - nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea w/ undigested food.
- Calming point - anger, irritability, insomnia, anxiety.
- With LI 4, four gates treatment - powerfully effects the flow of Qi and Blood in the body.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Important point to descend energy in the body, generally used after qi gong exercises, energy healing sessions, etc. Helps to avoid qi gong sickness (or running fire) where energy is stuck in the upper part of the head/body and causes issues such as shortness of breath, psychological issues, headache, etc.
SP 4 Yellow Emperor
- Excess pathologies of the ST and Intestines - severe abdominal a/or epigastric pain, dysentery, food poisoning.
- Gynecological and Abdominal issues due to stagnation of Qi and Blood - masses, fibroids, cysts, irregular menstruation.
- With PC 6 for chest and heart pain, shen disorders, sighing, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Keep Exploring...ST 1 , ST 2 , ST 3 , ST 4 , ST 5 , ST 6 , ST 7 , ST 8 , ST 9 , ST 10 , ST 11 , ST 12 , ST 13 , ST 14 , ST 15 , ST 16 , ST 17 , ST 18 , ST 19 , ST 20 , ST 21 , ST 22 , ST 23 , ST 24 , ST 25 , ST 26 , ST 27 , ST 28 , ST 29 , ST 30 , ST 31 , ST 32 , ST 33 , ST 34 , ST 35 , ST 36 , ST 37 , ST 38 , ST 39 , ST 40 , ST 41 , ST 42 , ST 43 , ST 44 , ST 45
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc