|LU 7 |
- Exterior Wind - body aches, chills/fever, runny nose, scratchy throat, sneezing.
- Internal Wind - bell's palsy, twitching, spasms, lockjaw.
- As Master Point of the CV, paired with KD 6 of the Yin Qiao Mai - treats genitourinary and gynecological issues also Yin deficient sore throat.
- Command Point of the Head and Posterior Neck - useful for any conditions involving these areas.
- Pain of the thumb - Luo Connecting Point spreads over the thenar eminence.
|PC 6 |
- Similar to PC 3 but more for Chronic Heart symptoms from Qi stagnation.
- Opens and relaxes the chest, chest tightness, asthma, angina, palpitations.
- Insomnia a/or other spirit disorders of an excess or deficient nature, mania, nervousness, stress, poor memory.
- Nausea, seasickness, motion sickness, vomiting, epigastric pain.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
|SI 3 |
- Master Point of the GV, effects entire pathway.
- Pain in the scapula, arm a/or hand combine with local points.
- Stiff neck, cervical strain/sprain, pain of the back or neck.
- Occipital headaches, combine with local points.
- Night sweats, combine with HT 6.
- Clears heat and excess from the head, ears and eyes, eye redness, inflammation, visual dizziness, earache, tinnitus, sore throat.
- Calms the spirit, anxiety, manic depression.
|TH 5 |
- Beginning exterior conditions, tonify for wind-cold, cold-damp & sedate for wind-heat, fever.
- Headache from exterior wind as well as migraines and headaches in any area especially with stiffness or pain in the posterior and lateral aspects of the neck.
- Upper limb disorders including the elbow, forearm, wrist and hand.
- Shaoyang stage diseases - alternating fever and chills, etc.
- Luo connecting point of the TH connects to the PC, TH 5 & PC 6 as master points of the Yang Wei and Yin Wei respectively can effect the balance of yin and yang in the body. If right pulse is stronger than the left (more Qi than Blood) disperse TH 5 & tonify PC 6 and vice versa
|SP 4 |
- Excess pathologies of the ST and Intestines - severe abdominal a/or epigastric pain, dysentery, food poisoning.
- Gynecological and Abdominal issues due to stagnation of Qi and Blood - masses, fibroids, cysts, irregular menstruation.
- With PC 6 for chest and heart pain, shen disorders, sighing, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness.
|KD 6 |
- Sore throat from any etiology, especially empty heat from yin deficiency.
- Other Yin Deficient throat related issues - swollen, dry, loss of voice, difficult swallowing.
- A range of menstrual issues such as amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, infertility from cold in the uterus, leukorrhea.
- Genital issues (shan disorders) such as swelling, itching, seminal emission and/or involuntary erections in men.
- Constipation from Yin Deficiency.
- Plum Pit Qi.
- Nighttime epilepsy, insomnia, disturbed sleep with nightmares, yin deficient symptoms such as hot hands/feet, night sweats.
- A range of anxiety disorders, fear/fright.
|UB 62 |
- With SI 3 for low back pain, difficulty walking, spinal problems as well as wind-cold effecting the taiyang channels: stiff neck a/or shoulders, occipital headache, etc.
- Insomnia, nervousness (especially late at night), combine with KD 6.
|GB 41 |
- Moves LV Qi - menstrual/breast disorders, distal point for headaches (lateral or migraines - classical mentioned for occipital or vertex).
- As the name indicates - "foot overlooking tears," useful for eye problems, redness, swelling and lacrimation issues, tearing, excessive lacrimation.
- Local point for lateral foot issues - pain, cramping