Names Of Gan Shu
UB 18 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Liver Shu
- Pinyin Name: Gan Shu
- Chinese Character: 肝俞
Where Is UB 18 ?
What Is UB 18 Used For?
UB 18 Clinical Usages
- Main point for all Liver related conditions in TCM terms - physical and psycho-emotional.
- Physical liver issues such as - hepatitis, jaundice, cirrhosis. Generalized blood stagnation, qi stagnation, etc.
- Brightens the eyes - important point for eye problems, pain, itching, dryness, redness, blurred vision, visual dizziness, twitching, night blindness.
- Spreads liver qi and stablizes the spirit - important point for LV related emotional issues such as anger, depression, irritability, frustration, stress a/or PMS.
- Useful for hypochondriac a/or subcostal pain/distention.
There Are 67 Points Along The (UB) Urinary Bladder Meridian ...
UB 1 UB 2 UB 3 UB 4 UB 5 UB 6 UB 7 UB 8 UB 9 UB 10 UB 11 UB 12 UB 13 UB 14 UB 15 UB 16 UB 17 UB 18 UB 19 UB 20 UB 21 UB 22 UB 23 UB 24 UB 25 UB 26 UB 27 UB 28 UB 29 UB 30 UB 31 UB 32 UB 33 UB 34 UB 35 UB 36 UB 37 UB 38 UB 39 UB 40 UB 41 UB 42 UB 43 UB 44 UB 45 UB 46 UB 47 UB 48 UB 49 UB 50 UB 51 UB 52 UB 53 UB 54 UB 55 UB 56 UB 57 UB 58 UB 59 UB 60 UB 61 UB 62 UB 63 UB 64 UB 65 UB 66 UB 67
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where UB 18 Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Treatment Basics For Male and Female Fertility Issues
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Tibetan Medicine - History, Applications and Integration - Whole Person Treatment
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Acupuncture is not a placebo effect
How Is UB 18 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use UB 18 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following TCM Patterns:
- Liver Blood Deficiency
- Liver Blood Stagnation
- Liver Fire
- Liver Qi Stagnation
- Liver Yang Rising
- Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat
What Conditions May Use UB 18 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Irregular Menstruation
- Hepatitis (B or C)
- Vision Problems
- Eye Problems
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
What Points Are Near UB 18 ?
GV 8 Sinew Contraction
- Reinforces Liver Back-shu (UB 18), special point for spasms in the sinews, general muscles tightness and contraction, spine stiffness, combine with GB 34, Huatuo of T9-T10, UB 18, LV 3, LV 8, LV 14.
- Stress, irritability, physical heart pain, repressed anger, overly expressed anger.
- Manic depression, epilepsy.
- Mentioned for epigastric and cardiac pain.