Names Of Shen Shu
UB 23 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Kidney Shu
- Pinyin Name: Shen Shu
- Chinese Character: 腎俞
Where Is UB 23 ?
What Is UB 23 Used For?
UB 23 Clinical Usages
- For all Kidney system related issues from a Chinese Medicine perspective which effect the brain, bone, hair, teeth a/or hearing.
- Male deficiency related sexual problems: impotence, premature ejaculation, spermatorrhea, sterility, exhaustion following ejaculation.
- Female sexual and reproductive disorders: irregular cycles, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cold uterus, frigidity, infertility, leukorrhea.
- Tonification point in deficiency conditions: exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatique, good point for the elderly as Kidney Jing is naturally depleted.
- Main point for acute or chronic low back pain, sprains a/or strains.
- Useful for KD related ear issues: tinnitus, deafness, chronic ear infections.
- Useful for dampness issues and water metabolism issues - edema, fluid retentions in the lower abdomen.
- As the kidney system provides the root of the bodies energy many psychological conditions will respond well to tonification of this point as well - depression, anxiety disorders.
There Are 67 Points Along The (UB) Urinary Bladder Meridian ...
UB 1 UB 2 UB 3 UB 4 UB 5 UB 6 UB 7 UB 8 UB 9 UB 10 UB 11 UB 12 UB 13 UB 14 UB 15 UB 16 UB 17 UB 18 UB 19 UB 20 UB 21 UB 22 UB 23 UB 24 UB 25 UB 26 UB 27 UB 28 UB 29 UB 30 UB 31 UB 32 UB 33 UB 34 UB 35 UB 36 UB 37 UB 38 UB 39 UB 40 UB 41 UB 42 UB 43 UB 44 UB 45 UB 46 UB 47 UB 48 UB 49 UB 50 UB 51 UB 52 UB 53 UB 54 UB 55 UB 56 UB 57 UB 58 UB 59 UB 60 UB 61 UB 62 UB 63 UB 64 UB 65 UB 66 UB 67
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where UB 23 Is Discussed
- Basic Tools In The Treatment Of Sports Injuries With Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Treatment Basics For Male and Female Fertility Issues
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
How Is UB 23 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use UB 23 ?
What Conditions May Use UB 23 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Amenorrhea (Absence of Menstruation)
- Irregular Menstruation
- Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain - Cramps)
- Fibromyalgia (CFS)
- Seminal Emission
What Points Are Near UB 23 ?
GV 4 Life Gate
- Clears heat from the whole body, for heat disorders of the five zang, malarial disorders, steaming bone disease (can be associated with Tubercolosis among other conditions, a feeling of heat very deep in the body - Kidney Yin Deficiency from a TCM perspective).
- Main point for tonifying Kidney qi and yang, for low back pain, weak knees, copious nocturnal urination, impotence, seminal emissions, deficient cold menstrual disorders, dysmenorrhea, cold-type vaginal discharge, daybreak diarrhea (5 a.m.) - possibly diarrhea with blood in the stools. Works well with ginger moxa.
- Adrenal exhaustion from stress or overwork, fatigue, lack of sexual vitality or sexual exhaustion.
- Epilepsy, tinnitus, dizziness, fear, panic attacks a/or fright.
- Hemorrhoids, rectal prolapse.