Names Of Tong Li
HT 5 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Connecting Li
- Pinyin Name: Tong Li
- Chinese Character: 通里
Where Is HT 5 ?
What Is HT 5 Used For?
HT 5 Clinical Usages
- Speech a/or vocal disorders - aphasia (post-stroke), stiff tongue, stuttering, sudden loss of voice, sore throat.
- Spirit disorders and related physical manifestations, anxiety w/palpitations, arrhythmia, nervousness, depression - although the point is generally not used for emotional disorders involving sleep such as insomnia, HT 7 is used more often for these more "physical" manifestations.
- Excessive bleeding w/ menstruation from heat in the Blood.
- Heat effecting the SI and leading to urinary symptoms - incontinence, enuresis.
- Local point for wrist, elbow and/or hand pain - perhaps more so for weakness than simple pain.
There Are 9 Points Along The (HT) Heart Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Sleep Links To Blood Pressure - Theory and Acupuncture Treatment of Insomnia and Hypertension
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- What is Moxibustion...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
How Is HT 5 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use HT 5 ?
What Conditions May Use HT 5 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Vocal Problems
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Voice
- Menorrhagia (Heavy Menstrual Bleeding)
- Wrist Pain
- Arm Pain