Names Of Qu Quan
LV 8 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Spring at the Bend
- Pinyin Name: Qu Quan
- Chinese Character: 曲泉
Where Is LV 8 ?
LV 8 Location
- At the medial end of the transverse popliteal crease, posterior to the medial epicondyle of the tibia, in a depression on the anterior border of the insertions of semimembraneous and semitendoneous, with the knee flexed.
- For point location tips, read our meridian notes; unsure about "cun" measurements, read what is a cun?.
What Is LV 8 Used For?
LV 8 Clinical Usages
- Tonify LV Yin and Blood, clears excess heat patterns.
- Genital issues related to damp-heat - pain/swelling, retention of urine, cystitis, prostatitis, ovarian cysts.
- Tonify Yin from mental, physical, emotional strain.
- Medial knee pain.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Knee problems, even if on the lateral side of the knee, also useful for abdominal pain, urination issues, groin issues (itch/pain).
- Main treatment point of Liver Sho pattern (with KD 10) - in Japanese style Five Phase treatment protocol.
There Are 14 Points Along The (LV) Liver Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where LV 8 Is Discussed
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Acupuncture effective for Bell's Palsy - Peripheral Facial Paralysis
How Is LV 8 Categorized?
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc