Names Of Jian Jing
GB 21 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Shoulder Well
- Pinyin Name: Jian Jing
- Chinese Character: 肩井
Where Is GB 21 ?
What Is GB 21 Used For?
GB 21 Clinical Usages
- Local point for occipital headache, tight trapezius muscles and/or neck/shoulder pain.
- Phlegm related issues of the head and neck - embolic stroke, neck lumps, swollen lymph nodes, tumors.
- Phlegm related issues of the breast and chest - mastitis, breast abscess, asthma, dyspnea.
- Stongly influence Qi downward - useful for rebellious Qi, cough.
- Contraindicated in Pregnancy, useful for difficult labor, retained placenta.
- Gao Wu felt that balancing GB 21's strong descending action with ST 36's strong centering action is important.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Release the neck and shoulders and descend energy.
There Are 44 Points Along The (GB) Gall Bladder Meridian ...
Any Precautions Using GB 21 ?
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where GB 21 Is Discussed
- Motor Points Acupuncture - An Efficient Way Of Treating Muscle Imbalances
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Head, Scalp and Shoulder Acupressure Points
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture effective for Bell's Palsy - Peripheral Facial Paralysis
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- My Liver is What?
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Great Article About the Legacy and Future of Traditional Chinese Medicine
How Is GB 21 Categorized?
GB 21 Acupuncture Point Associations
- Intersection Point of the GB, TH, ST & Yang Wei Meridians