Names Of Yinlingquan
SP 9 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Yin Mound Spring
- Pinyin Name: Yinlingquan
- Chinese Character: 陰陵泉
Where Is SP 9 ?
SP 9 Location
- On the lower border of the medial condyle of the tibia in the depression posterior and inferior to the medial condyle of the tibia. (or) On the lower border of the medial condyle of the tibia on level with the tuberosity of the tibia. (or) Between the posterior border of the tibia and gastrocnemius muscle.
- For point location tips, read our meridian notes; unsure about "cun" measurements, read what is a cun?.
What Is SP 9 Used For?
SP 9 Clinical Usages
- He Sea point - drains dampness (generally through urination), LV 8 will drain damp from the genital region and SP 9 will drain damp from the lower warmer.
- Chronic yeast infections, candida.
- Damp Bi, Medial Knee Pain.
- Issues involving damp-heat in the GB - hepatitis, jaundice.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Any water issue in the body (bloating, swelling, urinary issues, dry mouth, etc.).
There Are 21 Points Along The (SP) Spleen Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where SP 9 Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Motor Points Acupuncture - An Efficient Way Of Treating Muscle Imbalances
- DVD Review of 9000 Needles Acupuncture Documentary
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- HR 646 Federal Acupuncture Coverage Act - Needs Your Support
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
How Is SP 9 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use SP 9 ?
What Conditions May Use SP 9 ?
What Points Are Near SP 9 ?
ST 36 Leg Three Li
- Tonify deficient Qi a/or Blood.
- Tonify Wei Qi and Qi overall - low immunity, chronic illness, poor digestion, general weakness, particularly with moxibustion, very important acupuncture point for building and maintaining overall health.
- All issues involving the Stomach a/or the Spleen - abdominal/epigastric pain, borborygmus, bloating, nausea, vomiting, GERD, hiccups, diarrhea, constipation, etc.
- Clear disorders along the course of the channel - breast problems, lower leg pain.
- Earth as the mother of Metal - will support Lung function in cases of asthma, wheezing, dyspnea.
- Psychological/Emotional disorders - PMS, depression, nervousness, insomnia.