Names Of Ge Shu
UB 17 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Diaphragm Shu
- Pinyin Name: Ge Shu
- Chinese Character: 膈俞
Where Is UB 17 ?
What Is UB 17 Used For?
UB 17 Clinical Usages
- Hui-meeting Point of the Blood, useful for all Blood related conditions. Classically combined with UB 19 to create the "Four Flowers" which is used to nourish the Blood, although in clinical practice UB 18 & UB 19 may used equally as often. These conditions may include coughing or vomiting of blood, blood in the stool.
- For menstrual problems, from deficiency (scanty, light periods, amenorrhea) or stasis (dark clots, dysmenorrhea).
- Important point for red, itchy skin disorders, from heat in the Blood: eczema, carbuncles.
- As the "Diaphgram shu" it harmonizes the chest and descends rebellious qi - problems with diaphragmatic breathing or shortness of breath and other diaphragm related conditions such as belching or hiatal hernia.
- Chest / cardiac pain, also psychological "heart" related conditions - manic depression.
- A range of digestive issues, particularly those involving rebellious qi - vomiting, epigastric pain, reflux.
There Are 67 Points Along The (UB) Urinary Bladder Meridian ...
UB 1 UB 2 UB 3 UB 4 UB 5 UB 6 UB 7 UB 8 UB 9 UB 10 UB 11 UB 12 UB 13 UB 14 UB 15 UB 16 UB 17 UB 18 UB 19 UB 20 UB 21 UB 22 UB 23 UB 24 UB 25 UB 26 UB 27 UB 28 UB 29 UB 30 UB 31 UB 32 UB 33 UB 34 UB 35 UB 36 UB 37 UB 38 UB 39 UB 40 UB 41 UB 42 UB 43 UB 44 UB 45 UB 46 UB 47 UB 48 UB 49 UB 50 UB 51 UB 52 UB 53 UB 54 UB 55 UB 56 UB 57 UB 58 UB 59 UB 60 UB 61 UB 62 UB 63 UB 64 UB 65 UB 66 UB 67
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where UB 17 Is Discussed
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Useful for Gouty Arthritis
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Is Acupuncture Chinese?, A Pseudoscience?, A Religion?
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
How Is UB 17 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use UB 17 ?
What Conditions May Use UB 17 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain - Cramps)
- Amenorrhea (Absence of Menstruation)
- Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
- Manic Depression
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
What Points Are Near UB 17 ?
GV 9 Extremity of Yang
- Important point for mid-thoracic pain, chest and flank pain radiating from the back.
- Asthma, cough, difficulty speaking due to shortness of breath, opens the chest and relaxes the diaphragm, combine with UB 17 and Huatuo of T7.
- Important point for LV/GB disharmony, especially involving damp heat, for hepatitis, jaundice, cholecystitis