The HT Meridian - Functions Chart
There Are 9 Points Along The (HT) Heart Meridian ...
The HT Meridian Functions Chart
HT 1 Highest Spring
- Regulate Qi flow from the torso to the arm and vice versa - cold, numbness, pain in shoulder a/or arm.
- Pain in the cardiac region - heart pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, anxiety, palpitations.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Pain a/or distention of the upper thoracic area.
HT 3 Lesser Sea
- Pain, numbness, tremors, etc. of the lower arms a/or hands - Parkinson's, stroke.
- Good local point to move the Qi and Blood.
- Spirit disorders from phlegm a/or heat etiologies - epilepsy, depression, anxiety, nervousness, poor memory, fuzzy thinking.
- Water Point - redness of the eyes, mouth ulcerations.
HT 5 Connecting Li
- Speech a/or vocal disorders - aphasia (post-stroke), stiff tongue, stuttering, sudden loss of voice, sore throat.
- Spirit disorders and related physical manifestations, anxiety w/palpitations, arrhythmia, nervousness, depression - although the point is generally not used for emotional disorders involving sleep such as insomnia, HT 7 is used more often for these more "physical" manifestations.
- Excessive bleeding w/ menstruation from heat in the Blood.
- Heat effecting the SI and leading to urinary symptoms - incontinence, enuresis.
- Local point for wrist, elbow and/or hand pain - perhaps more so for weakness than simple pain.
HT 6 Yin Cleft
- Night sweats, Steaming Bone Disorders, tonify Yin and Blood. Often used with SI 3 for nightsweats.
- Acute chest and/or heart pain from Blood stasis. Palpitations, although HT 5 may be better.
- Acute emotional disturbances - mania, anxiety, shock, sudden loss of voice.
- Counterflow qi - panic attacks, vomiting blood, nosebleeds.
HT 7 Spirit Gate
- Tonify deficiencies of the HT Qi, Blood, Yin and Yang.
- Emotional issues, especially those with related sleep or thinking manifestations - insomnia, muddled thinking.
- Heart and Phlegm fire leading to insomnia, anxiety, mania.
- Physical responses to emotional stimuli - anxiety w/palpitations, nausea w/panic a/or fear.
- Heart palpitations from any etiology as well as irregular heart beat, pounding heart, angina.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Emotional/Psychological issues, w/PC 7 for sweat problems (too much or too little).
HT 8 Lesser Mansion
- HT Fire effecting the SI effecting the UB, heat descending to the lower jiao - incontinence, difficult urination, fungal infections, genital itching.
- Channel issues, sore throat, tongue stiffness, pain along the ulnar aspect of the arms.
- Heart Qi Deficiency - palpitations, fear, hot palms.
- Emotional disorders - although PC 8 may be a better choice.
- HT Fire effecting the mouth - ulcers, canker sores, etc. - although PC 7 or PC 8 may be a better choice.
- Local point for arm pain, elbow pain, and/or pain in the pinky finger.
HT 9 Lesser Surge
- Jing Well Point - clear heat a/or obstruction from the opposite end of the channel, eye pain a/or redness, mouth ulcerations, sores.
- Can be bled or needled for emotional disturbances - strong restlessness, anxiety, panic attacks, manic depression, epilepsy, etc.
- Restore consciousness - heart attack, stroke.
- Emergency heart attack point - strong stimulation.
- Fullness below the heart - stagnation, pain a/or distention in the HT area.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc