Names Of Da Chang Shu
UB 25 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Large Intestine Shu
- Pinyin Name: Da Chang Shu
- Chinese Character: 大腸俞
Where Is UB 25 ?
What Is UB 25 Used For?
UB 25 Clinical Usages
- Main point for low back pain especially when related to constipation a/or menstruation. Combine with local points such as GV 3, UB 26, Shiqizhui (between L5 and S1), UB 31, UB 32, GB 30 & distal points such as GB 34, GB 39, GB 41, UB 40, UB 57, UB 58, UB 60 & UB 62.
- Main point for all intestine related issues: constipation, diarrhea, dysentery, colitis, IBS, etc.
- Regulates the function in the colon so as potential uses for poor assimilation, limited weight gain despite eating many calories.
There Are 67 Points Along The (UB) Urinary Bladder Meridian ...
UB 1 UB 2 UB 3 UB 4 UB 5 UB 6 UB 7 UB 8 UB 9 UB 10 UB 11 UB 12 UB 13 UB 14 UB 15 UB 16 UB 17 UB 18 UB 19 UB 20 UB 21 UB 22 UB 23 UB 24 UB 25 UB 26 UB 27 UB 28 UB 29 UB 30 UB 31 UB 32 UB 33 UB 34 UB 35 UB 36 UB 37 UB 38 UB 39 UB 40 UB 41 UB 42 UB 43 UB 44 UB 45 UB 46 UB 47 UB 48 UB 49 UB 50 UB 51 UB 52 UB 53 UB 54 UB 55 UB 56 UB 57 UB 58 UB 59 UB 60 UB 61 UB 62 UB 63 UB 64 UB 65 UB 66 UB 67
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Is Acupuncture Chinese?, A Pseudoscience?, A Religion?
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Thanksgiving and Acupuncture: The Role of Chinese Medicine in Prevention
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
How Is UB 25 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use UB 25 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following TCM Patterns:
- Large Intestine Dryness
- Large Intestine Blood Stagnation
- Large Intestine Cold
- Large Intestine Damp Heat
What Conditions May Use UB 25 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Back Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn's Disease
What Points Are Near UB 25 ?
GV 3 Lumbar Yang Pass
- Warming point for cold or cold damp in the lower warmer, often treated with moxa for low back pain from deficiency, women's discharges (leukorrhea) due to cold, dysmenorrhea, irregular menstruation, impotence, seminal emission, infertility, incontienence, colities, edema, pain or weakness of the lower limb or knee.
- Name is "lumbar gate" or "lumbar hinge," at this point the low back bends in flexion, treat for pain when bending forward.
- Differentiation: GV 3 is a more local point whereas GV 4 is for back pain resulting from yang deficiency