Names Of Qu Chi
LI 11 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Pool at the Bend
- Pinyin Name: Qu Chi
- Chinese Character: 曲池
Where Is LI 11 ?
What Is LI 11 Used For?
LI 11 Clinical Usages
- Reduction of high fevers, patients with the 4 bigs, combine with LI 1, LI 2 or LI 4.
- Damp Heat skin diseases, red, itchy, oozing & inflamed (hives, herpes zoster, acne), may be used with UB 40 for any skin disease.
- ST Excess Issues, burning diarrhea.
- Elbow and upper limb disorders, pain and inflammation, atrophy, tremors - expels wind dampness from the channel.
- Hot flashes a/or menstrual issues with heat in the Blood.
- Expels summer heat with UB 40 & SP 10, for heat stroke add SI 3.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Useful for any blood circulation issue (raynaud's, anemia, etc.), skin problems (hives, itchiness), tennis elbow.
There Are 20 Points Along The (LI) Large Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where LI 11 Is Discussed
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Motor Points Acupuncture - An Efficient Way Of Treating Muscle Imbalances
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Arm and Hand Acupressure Points
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
How Is LI 11 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use LI 11 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following TCM Patterns:
- Liver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
- Large Intestine Damp Heat
- Stomach Fire
- Stomach Rebellious Qi
- Summer Heat
What Conditions May Use LI 11 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Sweat Problems
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Skin Problems (Rash)
- Parkinson's Disease (PD)
- Hot Flashes
- Menorrhagia (Heavy Menstrual Bleeding)
- Heat Stroke
What Points Are Near LI 11 ?
TH 10 Celestial Well
- Transforms phlegm, reduce lymph swellings, thyroid disorders.
- Elbow pain, tendonitis.
- One-sided headache, migraines.
- Useful for depression a/or anxiety, especially with chest pain or oppression, angina a/or palpitations.
- Epilepsy (phlegm obstruction), possibly mania as well.
- TH 5 is for headache anywhere whereas TH 10 is specifically for one-sided headaches
LU 5 Cubit Marsh
- He Sea Point - useful for counterflow Qi/diarrhea, hot skin conditions, phlegm-heat excess.
- Acute/Chronic or Exterior/Interior Conditions.
- Upper body edema, enuresis.
- Local point for the elbow - tendonitis, tennis elbow.
- Classically noted for the 5 types of Lumbar Pain - possibly the upper body equivalent of UB 40.
- Main treatment point of Kidney Sho pattern (with KD 7 and LU 8) - in Japanese style Five Phase treatment protocol.